OT opens 2 new state-of-the-art data centers in Europe and United States to host and operate increasing demand for digital security solutions
OT (Oberthur Technologies), a leading global provider of embedded security software products, services and solutions, today announced the opening of two new state-of-the-art data centers in Europe and in the United States to host and operate increasing demand for digital security solutions. These data centers will constitute the core of OT’s Digital Factory.
OT’s increased momentum in mobile payments (for both Financial Services Institutions and Mobile Network Operators) and IoT (e.g. automobile), have meant an increasing requirement for secure remote management platforms and solutions. As a result, OT has invested in 2 new data centers in Bucharest, Romania and Washington, United States, respectively of 240m2 and 265m2, which are at the cutting edge of technology with:
- Dedicated High Security Areas for each type of platform (Financial services, NFC payments, Subscription Management, IoT, etc.)
- Capacity to operate hundreds of customer platforms in managed services and secured Cloud environments
- Compliance with GSMA specifications and with multiple security certifications (PCI-CP, VOTA, VCBP, PCI-TSP, etc.)
- Disaster recovery capability relying on inter Data Center link and remote back-up replication
- 24X7 operation and monitoring
These openings will reinforce OT’s already highly efficient data center network and will enable OT to offer even greater service availability and scalability to its customers, notably in terms of operating and hosting business critical solutions in a fully secured Cloud SaaS (Software as a Service) model.
We aim at better serving our customers by hosting and operating secured Cloud solutions. This further investment in our Digital Factory, with the opening of our two new state-of-the-art data centers in Europe and in the United States, will help us to offer them an optimum level of service combined with the right economics.