IDEMIA and Altran team up to present a new assisted driving car concept at Paris Motor Show
IDEMIA, the global leader in Augmented Identity, and Altran, the global leader in Engineering and R&D services (ER&D) are teaming up to develop a new user experience based on driverless vehicles interacting with the human environment and with different infrastructures called “Columbia”, a connected, autonomous, and multi-use vehicle integrating Artificial Intelligence.
IDEMIA technological innovations and solutions, combined with Altran experience and knowhow, aimed at creating two services in one:
- An assisted driving car for personal use based on a shared transport concept
- A transport solution for professional users, including dropping off and collecting items along the route
IDEMIA, with its mastery of leading edge biometric and facial recognition technologies, provides security and enhanced user convenience by creating a strong digital identity. Biometrics ensure reliable data recording when users sign up for the service, and strong authentication of individual vehicle users.
IDEMIA brings different technologies to the concept,
- The e-KYC (know your customer) system is a digital user enrolment pathway that creates an identity,
- A digital car key solution allows the end-user to use a digital key stored in their smartphone to open and start the vehicle. This solution is cloud-based to securely send the digital key to the smartphone, with a secured smartphone environment to store the digital car key and a facial recognition to enable the digital car key,
- The DMS (driving monitoring system) is an on-board camera system that monitors driver behavior and interacts with the driver to return control of the vehicle to the human driver in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
IDEMIA teamed up with Altran to design the vehicle and developed several applications, including:
- Scalable and innovative vehicle platform using more than 20 sensors embedded
- Plug and play Electric Electronic architecture enabling autonomous mobility systems
- System of light interactions for the vehicle, front & rear, with light bands and LED screens
- Intelligent dashboard to interact with the vehicle and services
- Mobile application called “I-ris” enabling user to command the vehicle, send a package and manage shared transport, thanks to IDEMIA facial recognition system, providing secure access to the vehicle
IDEMIA is proud to be presenting its cutting edge technologies as part of the Colombia project demonstration at the Paris Motor Show. IDEMIA's experience and knowhow guarantee the unique nature of client identities (for both businesses and private individuals) and the reliability of their digital identity. Our priority is guaranteeing convenience and security for users.
Altran is proud to be working closely with IDEMIA and contribute significantly to the evolution of mobility and resource-sharing with this two-in-one service. This new service allows us to meet the needs of both end-users and B2B players in one combined solution.
A demonstration of this project will be showcased during Paris Motor Show on the Altran booth #G70 - Hall 7.
your press contact.